Thursday, June 27, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, I come before You today and I thank You for all the blessings that You have given me. Many times my life is so full of busy work that I neglect my relationship with You: for that, I am truly sorry. I know that You never neglect me, for if You did my very life would cease to be.

Grant me always a sense of eternity when seeking possessions, when dealing with possessions, and especially steer me away from the pride of ownership. For it is a temporary thing and filled with sinful pride, to think that I am elevated by what I possess: my money, my house, my appearance, my intelligence, my achievements—for all are things of this world. Turn my mind always to eternity and inhabit the forefront of my mind with the only true and enduring possessions I have: Your love, Your grace, and Your mercy.

Continue to pull me to Yourself, guide me in my journey, and hold me close in Your bosom until the day I come home to be with You forever. Be with me, and with those who pray with me, for although we are in different places around the world, we gather spiritually in Your name. May we feel your presence among us.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment