Sunday, June 30, 2019

Today We Pray




Dear Lord, thank You that we do not have to be weighed down by worry. Help us to place our concerns in Your care so that we do not fear tomorrow. Lead me, Lord, and let your Holy Spirit guide me.

Let me do Your will in my every action, and know Your will, that I might do it. Help me not be deceived by false assertions or glib intelligence, by those who would excuse or promote sinful actions, by those who simply do not know; and above all, help me not to deceive myself. Guide me away from excuses and rationalizations when I have sinned, but into Your holy truth, that I might know my sin, and correct what I can, and ask forgiveness for what I cannot. 

Thou awakest us to delight in Thy praises; for Thou madest us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it repose in Thee. Now to him who by his power within us is able to do far more than we ever dare to ask or imagine — to him be glory in the Church through Jesus Christ for ever and ever. By the grace and mercy of holy Christ, I ask this.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment