Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Daily Grace - The Review


Imagine going to work one day and being greeted by your boss, who says, "Come by my office at 9:30. I'd like to talk to you about how you're doing on the job". This could be a nervous time for you as you think about what your supervisor might say. You wonder, "How does my boss think I've been doing? Could there be a promotion with a pay increase? Or could I lose my job? Am I going to hear 'Well done' or 'You're done'?"

As important as this kind of meeting is, the Bible speaks of another, far more significant review. After this life is past, we will stand before our Lord. Paul wrote, "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad" (2 Cor. 5:10). We will not enter that future evaluation fearful of losing our salvation, nor we will be eager to hear the Master say, "Well done, good and faithful servant" (Matt. 25:21).

The challenge before us as followers of Christ is to serve Him with excellence now so that we can hear His words, "Well done" then. Based on the way I am living today, what kind of review will I get when I see the Savior? Service done well here on earth will receive a  "well done" in heaven. Do good things today that pleases our Savior!

3 comments:

  1. God I ask your guidance to be doing good things. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear merciful Lord plz guide me to do good things that pleases u in Jesus' name, amen

    ReplyDelete