Saturday, January 20, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear God, from whom proceeds every good and perfect gift, I offer to Your divine majesty my unfeigned praise and thanksgiving for all your mercies towards me. You made me at first and have ever since sustained the work of Your own hand. You gave Your Son to die for me; and have given me assurance of salvation, upon my repentance and sincerely endeavoring to conform my life to His holy precepts and example.

Take care of my affairs and more and more direct me in Your truth. Defend me from my enemies, especially my spiritual ones. Do not allow me to be drawn away from you, by the blandishments of the world, carnal desires, the cunning of the devil, or deceitfulness of sin. 

Work in me Your good will and pleasure. Discharge my mind from all things that are displeasing to You, of all ill will and discontent, wrath and bitterness, pride and vain conceit of myself. And, make me charitable, pure, holy, patient and heavenly minded.

Amen

1 comment: