Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, may all of Your creation, from the vastness of mighty planets and stars to the lowliness of the smallest living creature I can see, remind me to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around me. Be with me and all who love You this day. Let me dwell for a moment on Your life-giving presence in my body, my mind, my heart and in the whole of my life.

Many countries are at this moment suffering the agonies of war. I bow my head in thanksgiving for my freedom. I pray for all prisoners and captives.

And now, as a little child, let me abide in You all this day, so that when you appear I may have confidence and not shrink from you in shame at your coming. For I know that You are righteous, and I am sure that I will be made righteous only by my life in You. In Christ’s name I pray.

Amen

3 comments: