Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Today We Pray

Dear Lord, when I work for You, fill me with Your Holy Spirit, that I might be committed and enthusiastic in Your service. Let me live in Your presence, and not get so wrapped up in my life that I forget about you. And may I be patient when difficulties arise and not give way to frustration and anger, knowing always that the result belongs to You.

You have commanded us to love one another, but sometimes even when I am pleasant to another person it is not sincere. Help me, I pray, to be sincere in choosing good over evil. Let my love and concern for others not be a sham.

Let me not take offense at others, let me not be thin-skinned; but shielded by the power of Your Spirit, let me not hear insult where none is intended, and shrug off even the most intentional. Pour Your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. In Christ’s name, I pray this.

Amen

5 comments: