Thursday, January 11, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear God, who has given me life and breath, and another day: I do not know what this day might bring. For men make plans, and their plans come to naught, as You will it. Thus I take this day out of my hands and submit it to Your will.

I commend to Your continual care the homes in which Your people dwell. Put far from them, I beseech You, every root of bitterness, the desire of boastful vanity, and the pride of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness. 

Make me this day Your servant, that I might find my hand at the tasks You have meant for me to do, and might do them as well as I can. For there is nothing better than a person should rejoice in His work, to Your glory and for the love of his neighbors, as You have commanded us through Your Son. In His name, I pray, let my day be Yours, and let it be filled with goodness and faith.

Amen

3 comments: