Saturday, January 27, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, help me to be open to You for this time as I put aside the cares of this world. Fill my thoughts with Your peace and Your love. Create and make me a new and contrite heart, that I may begin this season of fasting and remembrance of Your suffering, by truly lamenting my sins and acknowledging my wretchedness. 

There is a time and place for everything, as the saying goes. Grant that I may always desire to spend time in Your presence. Help me to hear Your call always.

May it please You, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, You who are good above all good; and since You have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for You, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor, and my will; I have given them all to You and they are Yours: use me to do whatever You want.

Amen


1 comment: