Sunday, March 24, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Jesus, we acknowledge You as the Creator who knows and loves His creation. Yet You wait for us to invite You into every aspect of our lives. Forgive us for those times we keep You at a safe distance.

Thank You for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer You my work, as well as I, may accomplish it, in Your praise.

Today we choose to risk knowing You more completely. Let me work for Your glory and not my own, putting an end to the pain of my vanity, that I may serve You in joy and peace all my days. This I pray, in Christ's name.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment