Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, we may not understand everything You have done for us, or how You have done it. But we know You love us and sent Jesus to die for us, and that is all we need to know. Hold us all in Your loving arms and let us be comforted by the strength and peace You make available to us through the birth of Your son, Jesus; and thank You for all the many gifts You offer us, during our life on earth and for all eternity.

God of comfort, these times seem so uncertain, so scary. The world seems darker than it has in the past and I am less sure of myself. Maybe that’s a good thing; maybe now I am turning to You with a realization that I need You so much more and that my life is not in my own control.

I pray that the ashes we use to symbolize the beginning of Lent may truly remind me that from dust I came, and to dust I will return and that only by Your victory over Your suffering is it possible for me to find eternal peace and life. I pray for the grace of Christ, that I may obtain of You, the God of all mercy, perfect remission, and forgiveness of all the sins of this life. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment