Friday, November 2, 2018

Today We Pray




Dear Jesus, You are the Prince of Peace. I need the kind of peace that only You can give. Help me to turn to You when I am troubled.

I know that I am going to face trials and tribulations in the future, possibly some I cannot even imagine; help me to prepare myself now for the pain that life on this earth inevitably brings. Steel me with faith, Lord. Plant the foundation of hope, faith, and joy so firmly in my being that, like the house built on a rock, I cannot be shaken, no matter what earthly suffering I may endure.

For I know, God, that the harshest life has a happy ending. And that when we see you face-to-face, we shall understand clearly what we now take on faith. Send Your Holy Spirit to me, to buoy me up in the hard times of life, and to prepare me for the suffering that even Your blessed Son endured before He was glorified.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment