Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, take from me idleness of spirit, which destroys time. And vanity of thought, which hinders Your presence and distracts my attention to prayer. And if, while in prayer, I turn away from You in my thoughts, help me to return to my purpose, so that I might not avert my heart from You, during the few precious moments I dedicate to talking with You.

Show me how I can be an encouragement to others with my words. Give me strength and wisdom so that whatever happens honors my fellow humans and You. Thank You for hearing me and answering my prayer.

And grant me this day, dear Lord, that You may never be completely out of my thoughts. Let me carry you as a voice to guide my every step as I slip down the path of this precious day, that I might always remember Your will, and lighten the world around me. Help me to make every moment of my day, every word from my mouth, a prayer, that I might live in Your presence.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment