Monday, November 5, 2018

Today We Pray

Dear God, in the morning, when I rise, I give praise to You, who shows His glory in the sun. O Lord God, You are the source of all warmth, all light, all sustenance. You bring us out of the darkness of ignorance and the blindness of death every day, that we might remember who made us and who sustains us.

Let me remember You when I rise and all day, my God, every waking moment. Let me sleep each night in peace, confident that I will rise with Your sun once again, in the time You have chosen for me. 'Coz Your sun is a promise, that the night of death will end and You will rise again, and with You, all who confess the name of Your blessed Son, Christ Jesus.

Enlighten the darkness of my mind. Give me a right faith, a firm hope, and a perfect charity, so that I may always and in all things act according to Your Holy Will. This I pray, in Christ's name.

Amen

1 comment: