Saturday, November 10, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins. Mercifully kindle in me the fire of Your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore You, a heart to delight in You, to follow and to enjoy You, for Christ’s sake.

Let me receive Your Word with an open mind and a clear eye. Whenever I read Your Scripture, let Your Holy Spirit guide me to the truth, setting aside my preconception and self-justification. I pray to hear what You intend for me to hear. 

As my lips pour forth Your praise, fill my heart with the peace You give to those who wait for Your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. May the God of hope fill me and all of us with the joy and peace that comes from believing, so that we may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit. In Christ's name, I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment