Sunday, November 18, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear Christ, I thank You and love You for seeing who I really am. You know things about me that I don't even know myself, for You see with the clear eye of God, and not through the psychological tangle of human emotion and self-deception as others see me and I see myself. I most especially thank You, I fall upon my knees in gratitude, that You love me despite all of the sin and ugliness You see in me.

I give myself to You wholly, freely; every part of me blesses You. Take me to Your bosom, holy Christ. Let me live Your love and reflect Your light, that others may see a dim reflection of Your magnificence in my lowly life, and that despite my many grievous faults, I might please You by doing better today, and every day. 

In utter humility, I thank You and glorify You, that You might hear the prayer of one so small as myself, amidst the billions of souls among billions of stars in one of the billions of galaxies in Your universe. Let me go forth in Your peace, keeping Your Spirit always in my mind. And bless me, I pray, that I might always follow Your will and live in the radiance of Your blessing.

Amen

2 comments: