Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Daily Grace - Reframing the Picture




For three months, I had a ringside seat - or should I say a bird's-eye view - of God's amazing handiwork. Ninety feet above the floor of Norfolk Botanical Garden, workers installed a webcam focused on the nest of a family of bald eagles, and online viewers were allowed to watch. When the eggs hatched, Mama and Papa Eagle were attentive to their offspring, taking turns hunting for food and guarding the nest. 

But one day when the eaglets still looked like fuzzballs with beaks, both parents disappeared. I worried that harm had come to them. My concern was unfounded. The webcam operator enlarged the camera angle, and there was Mama Eagle perched on a nearby branch.

As I pondered this "reframed" picture, I thought of times when I have feared that God had abandoned me. The view in the forest heights of Virginia reminded me that my vision is limited. I see only a small part of the entire scene. Moses used eagle imagery to describe God. As eagles carry their young, God carries His people (Deut. 32:11-12). Despite how it may seem, the Lord "is not far from each one of us" (Acts 17:27. This is true even when we feel abandoned. Because the Lord is watching over us, we don't have to fear the dangers around us.

7 comments:

  1. Amen.
    Thank you Lord for watching over me all the. Help me to fear not as you watching over me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord my God is always there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN, thank You Father for watching over me in Jesus Mighty Name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lord for watching over me and my family. Take away all worries and illnesses in Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, thanks Lord to be there for me and my family, friends. All Christians.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Father for watching over me and my family amen

    ReplyDelete