Monday, June 12, 2017

The Daily Grace - Run!



In the award-winning film Chariots of Fire, one of the characters is legendary British sprinter Harold Abrahams. He is obsessed with winning, but in a preliminary 100-meter dash leading up to the 1924 Olympics, he is soundly beaten by his rival, Eric Liddell. Abrahams' response is deep despair. When his girlfriend, Sybil, tries to encourage him, Harold angrily declares, "I run to win. If I can't win, I won't run!" Sybil responds wisely, "If you don't run, you can't win".

Life is full of reversals, and we as Christians are not excluded from disappointments that make us want to give up. But in the race that is the Christian life, Paul challenges us to keep running. He told the Corinthians, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it" (1 Cor. 9:24). We are to run faithfully, Paul is saying, spurred on by the knowledge that we run to honor our King and to receive from Him an eternal crown.

If we falter in our running - if we quit serving God or give in to sin because of our difficulties - we risk losing a rich reward we could have received had we run our best. Sybil was right. "If you don't run, you can't win". Greater than winning any medal will be hearing the Master say "Well done!"

11 comments:

  1. Thats very true ,if we don't run, we can win and the Master will not tell us well done, O my God, Help me to Run the Race of Christianity and win at the end,Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how tough this race is Lord strengthen me O God

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father help us to run this race,and in end earn your compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, please strengthen me to run and win in Jesus Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God, please strengthen me to run and win in Jesus Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O my lord please give me peace in everything I do in Jesus name ANEN

    ReplyDelete
  7. And help me to keep running still U reward me

    ReplyDelete
  8. O God please help me to keep running still I win Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will keep running for my God

    ReplyDelete