Thursday, June 1, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear God, I resolve to spend this day in the presence of the Holy Spirit, filled with his joy and energy, that I might accomplish Your will and do what I can to deserve the joys of the day, for I know my time here is short. Be with me, oh Holy Spirit, to fill me with the energy and positivity and comfort that only you can bring. Glory and praise to You for filling me with life to live another day, for it is You who made me and not me myself.

Help me, heavenly Father, to stand up against sin, to resist whatever temptation I may encounter this day, in whatever form it may come. Your Word promises that You will provide a way out of any temptation. And, I pray to be able to find it and to have the wisdom to use it, and to walk away when temptation arises. 

Now, to God the Father, who first loved us, and made us accepted in the Beloved; to God the Son, who loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood; to God the Holy Ghost, who sheddeth the love of God abroad in our hearts, be all love and all glory in time and to all eternity.

Amen


8 comments: