Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, who decreed that we should take one day of rest, one special day in remembrance of You, today I celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is the moment of His glorious victory over death. I add my voice to countless millions of others in thanks, in praise, and in awe of Your sacrifice for us.

Help me, dear Lord, to dedicate these few moments to You completely. You have taught us that we may dwell with You, even while we are caught in this difficult world, and I pray to dwell with You fully now. Guard me against wandering of mind and the intrusion of mundane thought, so that I may be fully present with you, through the power of Your Holy Spirit.

And in the coming week, I pray that my mind may constantly turn to You, so that I may always remember you when I am tempted to anger, to selfishness, to lust for power and the vanities of this world, or any of the myriad temptations that might assail me in the course of life. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. In the name of Christ and through faith in Him, I pray.


Amen

2 comments: