Monday, February 5, 2018

The Daily Grace - Before and After


What changes take place in a life of faith after severe testing? I thought of this as I read the tragic story of a Jamaican dad who accidentally shot and killed his 18-year-old daughter while trying to protect his family from intruders. News reports said he went to church (as was his habit) the next day - distraught but still seeking God's help. Faith in God guided him before, and he knew God could sustain him after.

I thought about this in regard to my own life. To review how I viewed life and faith before any tragedy, I dug into my computer archives to read the last article I had written before. How would what I said then correspond to what I know now? Had severe testing changed my view of faith in God?

Before I went through tough times, I went to God and He listened to me. After, I discovered that He still listens and comforts and sustains. So I continue to pray in faith. Our faith remains intact and is strengthened because He is the God of the before and the after. What we know of God encourages us to trust in Him in all we do not know.

2 comments: