Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear God, as the Most High, our one hope, everlasting light of heaven and earth, we break the silence of the peaceful night. Saviour Divine, cast thine eyes upon us! Pour on us the fire of thy mighty grace, that all hell may flee at the sound of thy voice.

Banish the slumber of a weary soul that brings forgetfulness of thy laws! O God, look with favour upon thy faithful people now gathered here to praise thee. Receive their hymns offered to thy endless glory.

You know our necessities before we ask and our ignorance in asking. Have compassion on my weakness, and mercifully give me those things which for my unworthiness I dare not, and for my blindness I cannot ask. Through the worthiness of Your Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.

Amen

5 comments: