Monday, February 26, 2018

Today We Pray




Dear Lord, Eternal and Creator of all things, who with your unknowable goodness called me to this life; I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom, no strength except in You, O God. I entreat You, teach me to pray aright. Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit.

Bless this day which You give to me, Your unworthy servant. By the power of Your blessing, enable me, throughout this day, to speak and act to Your glory with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love, gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom. Let me be always aware of Your presence. 

By the power of Your love, grant me to hold fast to that which is good. Preserve me from every word or deed that corrupts the soul; from every impulse unpleasing in Your sight and hurtful to my fellow man, my brothers and sisters. This in Christ’s name, I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment