Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, You called Your church to be united in faith. By Your grace, You have given us new life in Jesus Christ, and by Your Spirit You have called us to proclaim his name throughout the nations. Awaken in me such a love for You and Your world that I may so boldly proclaim Jesus Christ by word and deed that all people may come to know him as Savior and follow Him as Lord.

Create and make in me a new and contrite heart. May I begin this season of fasting and remembrance of Your suffering, by truly lamenting my sins and acknowledging my wretchedness. I pray for the grace of Christ, that I may obtain of You, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness of all the sins of this life.

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May Your law and Your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of Your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and always.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment