Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Heavenly Father, there is only one voice that is perfect truth, and that is Yours: the voice of Your Spirit and the voice of Your Word. Help me, I pray, to hear your voice clearly. I am filled with the sound of my own voice, with the sense of my importance and the correctness of my thought; and on top of that, I am besieged by dozens and hundreds and thousands of words and voices telling me all kinds of things.

Thank You for the person You led to our church as pastor. May we provide encouragement and support. May You protect our pastor from error in both word and actions.

Now may the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the eternal high priest himself, the Son of God Jesus Christ, build up myself, and all Christians, in faith and truth, and in all gentleness and in all freedom from anger and forbearance and steadfastness and patient endurance and purity. This I ask in the name of my only Savior, Jesus Christ.

Amen

1 comment: