Sunday, August 26, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, who has given me life and breath, and another day: I do not know what this day might bring. For men make plans, and their plans come to naught, as You will it. Thus I take this day out of my hands and submit it to Your will.

I have sinned against Heaven and before You. Remember me like the thief on the cross, when You come into Your kingdom. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner.

Make me this day Your servant, that I might find my hand at the tasks You have meant for me to do and might do them as well as I can. For there is nothing better than a person should rejoice in His work, to Your glory and for the love of his neighbors, as You have commanded us through Your Son. In His name, I pray, let my day be Yours, and let it be filled with goodness and faith.

Amen


2 comments: