Monday, August 27, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed. 

Grant that we may hear You speak. Speak truth within our hearts we seek. For unto Christ we would be true and know that He Himself would do.

All through this day, by the power of Your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Then give me the grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long.

Amen

3 comments: