Saturday, November 11, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear Heavenly Father, Your love embraces everyone. Through the Resurrection of Your Son, You call me and all the members of Your church into Your wonderful light. Dispel our darkness and make us a people with one heart and one voice, forever singing Your praise.

Be gracious to my necessities, and guard me, and all I love, from Evil this day. May the sick and afflicted, be now, and ever thy care. And heartily do I pray for the safety of all that travel by Land or by Sea, for the comfort & protection of the Orphan and Widow and that thy pity may be shewn upon all Captives and Prisoners.

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus' name, I pray.

Amen

5 comments: