Thursday, November 16, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, we know that our enemy seeks to devour us. Please protect us from him. We believe Your Word that He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world.

I am battle-ravaged by my sin, sick by my own will. The pure spirit You gave me is wreckage and rubble. Forgive me, dear Christ, and replenish me with Your infinite mercy, with Your pure, clear, perfect love, until I am restored to the perfect beauty and peace of soul that can be found only by Your grace.

I pray to You for all the graces I need to know You, to love You and serve You faithfully unto death, and to save my soul. Give me a tender and fervent devotion to Your sacred passion by which I was redeemed, venerating You each day in prayer. And, teach me how to unite sorrows and sufferings of my life with Your own.

Amen

2 comments: