Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear God, You know my weakness and failings, and that without Your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of Your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks You will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom You abide.

I pray that You will accept my thanks for all the little things that make my life possible, and pleasant. The necessary things, and the beautiful things, and the things that smell good, and the things that make me laugh. Everything that I will never remember to thank You for specifically, I thank You for now. 

Now fulfill in my contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace. Forgive all my sins, and cleanse me from an evil conscience; through the perfect sacrifice of Christ Jesus our Lord. And turn my heart to Your will at every moment, I pray.

Amen

3 comments: