Thursday, November 30, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear God, help me to be open to You for this time as I put aside the cares of this world. Fill my thoughts with Your peace and Your love. Grant that I may always choose to follow You.

Have patience with me, mighty God, and forgive me. Do not spew me out, as You have warned You might do with the lukewarm. Fill my soul with the fire of Your Word and help me grow, to put more and more confidence in You and less and less in the world before me; forgive me my sins and help me to live in them less and less today, and every day, that I might more perfectly follow Your commandments.

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Guide with pure wisdom those who guide the nations of the earth and the many factions who may find disagreement, that Your kingdom may go forward in tranquility and goodness, free of hatred and hostility, until the earth is filled with knowledge of Your love. In the name of Christ, I pray.

Amen

3 comments: