Monday, November 20, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, I thank You for this day — that it even exists, and especially, that I can live in it, that I can know it through the sense you gave me and breathe the air you have made. Help me to turn off all the distractions around me and focus on You. May my heart be good soil for the seed of Your Word today.

Keep me and those I love from danger, sickness, accident this day, I pray. Help me to turn my back on evil in all of its myriad forms, to turn aside from the temptation that besets me from within myself and from my reaction to the world outside. Broaden my mind and give me the gift of hearing truth even when I do not want to hear it, when a false thought is embedded in my mind and the truth disagrees with my preconceptions.

Fill me with gratitude. Give me the courage to change the things that are contrary to Your Word, even when they are ingrained and it is painful for me to give them up. Let me realize my sin and give me the grace to repent it and seek Your forgiveness.

Amen

5 comments: