Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Daily Grace - Way Out




While in London recently, I decided to take the underground train to my destination. So, I paid my fare and descended into the depths of London to catch my train. But getting out of the station can be a scary experience for someone who is unfamiliar with the system. If you don't find the exit, you can quickly get lost in the tunnels. Being alone in a sparsely populated underground tunnel is an unsettling feeling, so believe me, you don't want to get lost. Needless to say, I was glad when I spotted the sign that says, "WAY OUT" and followed it to safety.

Paul reminds us that when we are vulnerable to fulling into sin, "God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out" (1 Cor. 10:13). It's easy to assume that God is not with us when we are tempted to sin. But this verse assures us that He is present and not just standing idly by. Rather, He is actively providing a way out so we can endure it.

So, the next time you fell tempted, remember that you are not helpless. There is a divinely provided "way out"! Look for the sign, and follow it to safety. God is actively working to keep you from the danger of getting lost in sin.

5 comments: