Sunday, May 21, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear Lord, thank You for the temporal blessings of this world. I bring my tribute of thanks for spiritual graces, the full warmth of faith, the cheering presence of our Spirit, the strength of Your restraining will, Your spiking of hell's artillery. Blessed be my sovereign Lord!

Do not allow me to be insensible to these daily mercies. Your hand bestows blessings. Your power averts evil.

As my lips pour forth Your praise, fill my heart with the peace You give to those who wait for Your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Incline me, O God, to think humbly of myself, to be severe only in the examination of my own conduct, to consider my fellow creatures with kindness, and to judge of all they say and do with that charity that I would desire from them myself. In Christ's name I pray.

Amen

6 comments: