Thursday, May 4, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear God, who has come to all the nations through Your Son, Christ Jesus, there is no god like you in heaven or earth. You are loving and kind and You keep Your promises to your people if they only have faith and seek to follow your commandments. You have fulfilled your promise to our fathers Abraham and David, who were Your servants, through the mightiest and humblest of all men ever to live: the Word made flesh.

Heal me, my God. I ask for the wisdom of true humility, through the monumental power of Your Holy Spirit. Bring me to a place where my ego is utterly secure in my knowledge and love of You, when I truly am satisfied that all glory is Yours, and I may lead my life on earth in security and humble service. 

Let the whole earth also worship You, all nations obey You, all tongues confess and bless You, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace. And now, O Lord our God, fulfill Your promise to all who confess the name of Jesus Christ. I pray, that we may live in faith of Him, loving You and following Your ways as He did, that we might be sanctified as Your children and heirs.

Amen

6 comments: