Friday, May 12, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear God, the night has passed, the sun shines its light upon us, and the day lies open before me. As I rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence fill me with love for you and my fellow man, holy God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Abide with me, I pray, now and forever.

I ask You to help me to be generous when I think of the attitude and actions of others. Forgiving someone isn't an easy option, and I know that forgiveness isn't somehow pretending that something wrong hasn't happened; for what I have done wrong, forgive me Father. Let me remember Your words, that as we forgive others, so shall we be forgiven, and to live in obedience to Your word.

And now, as a little child, let me abide in You all this day, oh Christ. So that, when You appear, I may have confidence and not shrink from You in shame at Your coming. For I know that You are righteous, and I am sure that I will be made righteous only by my life in You.

Amen

4 comments: