Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear Lord, I have tasted Your goodness and it has satisfied me, yet it has made me thirst for even more. I am so painfully aware of my need for even more grace than I now enjoy; and even when I do not want more, I am ashamed of my lack of desire. I want You completely and I want to want You even more than I do.

Give me courage to confess, to bare my sinful heart to Thee; forgiving love You long to show and from my sin to set me free. Fill me with longing for You; make me even thirstier. Show me Your glory, I pray, so that I may know You always better and better, growing in my faith and love. 

In utter humility, I thank You and glorify You, that You might hear the prayer of one so small as myself, amidst the billions of souls among billions of stars in one of billions of galaxies in Your universe. Let me go forth in your peace, keeping Your Spirit always in my mind. And bless me, I pray, that I might always follow Your will and live in the radiance of Your blessing.

Amen

7 comments: