Thursday, March 15, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, give me grace, so to pray, as to deserve to be heard, to address You with my heart, as with my lips. You are everywhere present, from You no secret can be hidden. May the knowledge of this, teach me to fix my thoughts on You, with reverence and devotion, that I may not pray in vain.

Cultivate in me an appetite for Your Word. Thank You that the Bible is food for my soul. Lead me to read it, to savor it, to ingest it, and to know the strength that Your words can give to my often-failing heart.

Teach us to be humble. May our desire be that You be known, honored, loved, and exalted in every thought and action - above ourselves. This I pray through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.

Amen

2 comments: