Monday, March 26, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear God, for each new morning with its light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything Thy goodness sends, I thank You. Thank You for life, for joy, for protection, and for promising us a future with You forever. Help us to live with thoughts of Your greatness always in our hearts and minds.

Let me follow Christ’s example, never to inflate myself with pride of status, of opinion, or of any of the gifts You have bestowed upon me. Give me the grace to realize my ignorance, admit my mistakes, recognize my needs. Let me welcome good advice and sound rebuke, without defensiveness. 

The light of Your truth bestows sight to the darkness of sinful eyes. May this season of repentance bring me the blessing of Your forgiveness and the gift of Your light. Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Amen

1 comment: