Thursday, March 22, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give You thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by Your will, may be righteous in Your sight. I pray that You will fill my heart with the blessing of Your Holy Spirit.

Grant me this day the strength to be temperate in all things, diligent in my duties, and patient under my afflictions. Direct me in all my ways. Give me grace to be just and upright in all my dealings; quiet and peaceable; full of compassion; and ready to do good to all people, according to my abilities and opportunities. 

I know I am not alone saying these prayers or reading Your Word this morning, but many people unknown to me, from all stations of life, have joined together in this brief moment of devotion. May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be among the community of all who pray in the name of Christ this morning, and remain among us always. Through Christ our Lord, I pray.

Amen


2 comments: