Thursday, March 29, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Heavenly Father, I strive to follow Jesus in my living and to trust Your power in my dying; I bow my head today to reflect upon the life that ended on a cross. Help me understand what Your Son endured for me. Help me appreciate the depths of love that would allow my Lord and Christ to be crushed for my wrongs and my rescue.

I am humbled, honored and inspired by the deep love Christ extended to the world, and I hear with open ears the calling to be a member of the body of Christ. Forgive me when I disappoint and fail you, and guide me back to a place of trust and faithful living. Grant me the vision to see the world as you see it, with love and compassion for each creature and all of Your creation.

May Your Word be planted deeply in my mind and heart. Help me not to walk away and forget it, but to meditate on it and obey it and so built my life on the rock of Your truth. I ask this in the name of Jesus, who taught us to pray to You for all things.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment