Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Daily Grace - Being a Good Example



Timothy, a young pastor, faced heavy responsibilities in the church at Ephesus - training believers, leading in worship, countering false doctrine. The older, experienced apostle Paul gave him instruction on leading the church in these areas, but he also mentioned the importance of personal conduct. He said, "Be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity" (1 Tim. 4:12). Paul challenged Timothy: "Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine" (v. 16). If he paid attention to his own spiritual life and to solid doctrine, he would be a godly example to the church family.

We all have others who are observing us. Even our younger siblings and friends are watching us. Let's live our lives in such a way that those who follow our example will help others in their walk with God. A good example has more value than good advice.

3 comments:

  1. Guide me Oh Holy Spirit that I will do what is right in your sight. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do others say about me is the question I asked myself after reading this messsage. God is realy talking to me on this subject, because this is the same topic in an email daily devotional that a good friend shares with me

    ReplyDelete