Saturday, January 28, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it. Deliver me, when I draw near to You, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind. So that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth.

I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself; and I sorrow for these wrongful acts and omissions from the bottom of my heart. I humbly and fully repent all of my misdeeds, and pray that for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, you will have mercy on me and forgive me, not by my merits, but by that grace that He has granted those who confess his name.

Today I celebrate the resurrection of your Son, Jesus Christ, the supreme victory over death that belongs to you alone. I pray that I may, today and in the coming week, act in appreciation of the ultimate gift you have given to me and to all who confess the name of Christ. I pray that You will be in my heart and walk with me, that I might sin no more.

Amen

12 comments: