Sunday, January 22, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear Heavenly Father, I sometimes feel as if I can’t go on. I am tired, I am weak, and I am worn. Thank You that You know my limits better than I do. 

Let me read Your Word until something new sinks in; let me pray until I hear Your voice, until all smugness has given way to gratitude. By the power of Your Holy Spirit, renew me afresh in Your Word and power, today and every day, energizing me in your great commission. In Your strength, I can find the enablement to endure. 

We give thee humble thanks for opening heathen lands to the light of thy truth; for making paths in the deep waters and highways in the desert; and for planting thy Church in all the earth. Grant, we beseech thee, unto us thy servants, that with lively faith we may labour abundantly to make known to all men thy blessed gift of eternal life. This is all I pray, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen

10 comments: