Monday, January 9, 2017

Today We Pray


Dear God, who has filled me with the joy of Your grace and salvation, assist me this day that I may do all things I am called to do without grumbling or disputing. I call on Your Spirit to assist me, that I may be blameless and innocent, a child of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation. Give me the hope I need and help me never to be afraid to begin again.

Let me follow holy Christ and all his saints. Let me shine as a light, a beacon in a world where darkness seeks to overcome us in every thing and at every moment. And help me to hold fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ's return I may be proud that I did not strive in vain.

I give to You my anxiety, Lord Christ, and lay my troubles upon Your mighty back. And I pick up Your burden, for You have promised that it is light, and that You are gentle and kind. Let me work for Your glory and not my own, that the anxiety that comes from pride and vanity and fear of others might be gone from me, and I may serve You in joy and peace.

Amen

7 comments: