Saturday, January 21, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, this morning I pray for those who are beginning to know Christ: may You strengthen them on their journey. I pray for all children, and for those who take care of them, especially those who awaken them to faith. I pray for the ill and those who are ending their lives in loneliness: Oh Lord, give them the strength they need. 

Help me see the heartfelt needs of those within my care. And, grant that through my words and deeds, Your love with them I’ll share. For with blessings in His hand Christ our God to earth descendeth, our full homage to command.

Have mercy on me, Lord. Pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that Your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness.

Amen

6 comments: