Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear God, You are ushering in another day, untouched and freshly new, so here I come to ask You God for renewal. Forgive the many errors, that I made yesterday, and let me try again dear God, to walk closer in Thy way. But Father, I am well aware, I can't make it on my own, so take my hand and hold it tight, for I can't walk alone.

I was born a weak, defenseless child, but Your angel spread his wings over my cradle to defend me. From birth until now, Your love has illumined my path and has wondrously guided me towards the light of eternity; from birth until now the generous gifts of Your providence have been marvelously showered upon me. I give You thanks for every step of my life's journey, together with all who have come to know you, who call upon your name.

Support me all the day long of this troublous life, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes. And, the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and my work is done. Then of Thy mercy, grant me a safe lodging, and a holy rest and a peace at last through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Amen

15 comments: