Sunday, January 8, 2017

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine. Let me find Thy light in my darkness, Thy life in my death, Thy joy in my sorrow, Thy grace in my sin, Thy riches in my poverty and Thy glory in my valley. Help me to yield my will to You and to follow where You lead.

Thank You, Lord, for Your love and care. Thank You for sending Your Son, our Savior, to fulfill Your promise of forgiveness and restoration. Show me how You want me to use my gifts for Your kingdom.

May I be willing to be hidden and unknown today, yet ready to speak a word to those who are weary. May Your Spirit touch my words and make them Your words that enrich and refresh others. Give me grace today, so to live by obedience that I may increase in faith and in the understanding of your Holy Word.

Amen

5 comments: