Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Today We Pray



Blessed are you, O Lord my God, King of the universe, who removes sleep from my eyes, that I may see the returning light of the your day. I thank You for all that You have done while I was asleep, watching over me and all your children while we slept unaware. And, I pray that my thoughts and acts this day may show forth my love and thanks for You and all You have done for me.

Help me through your Holy Spirit, that I may remember what you have taught me in the Bible and it may show forth in my every deed. Let me not wander into the hands of sin, nor into the hands of pride or perversity, nor into the hands of temptation, nor into the hands of shame. But, steer my inclinations towards goodness and charity this morning and all the day.

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be like minded one toward another according to Christ Jesus. That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In the name of Christ I pray.

Amen

10 comments: